The flower flies of the genus Eupeodes are recognized by the black margin to the abdomen, yellow bands do not go all the way to the margin as in the similar looking genus Syrphus.
- Eupeodes (Eupeodes) volucris Osten Sacken 1877 – Large-tailed Aphideater
- Eupeodes (Metasyrphus) americanus (Wiedemann 1830) – Long-tailed Aphideater
- Eupeodes (Metasyrphus) latifasciatus (Macquart 1829) – Variable Aphideater
- Eupeodes (Metasyrphus) neoperplexus (Curran 1925) ?
- Eupeodes (Metasyrphus) perplexus (Osburn 1910) – Bare-winged Aphideater
- Eupeodes flukei (Jones 1917) * – Fluke’s Aphideater
- Eupeodes luniger (Meigen 1822) * – Black-tailed Aphideater
- Eupeodes pomus (Curran 1921) * – Short-tailed Aphideater